The D20’s 20-sided glass terrarium is almost 5″ around and it can hang or sit on any flat surface.
The complete D20 kit includes
- Hand blown 20-sided glass terrarium
- 5-7 inch Tillandsia caput-medusae air plant
- Just enough glass chips in Onyx Black or Snow White
- 2 tufts of purple and chartreuse preserved moss
- 6 feet of nylon hanging string
Tillandsia caput-medusae air plants are as twisted as they are plump. Their bulbous bodies and twisted, pointed leaves are covered with a fine silver fuzz. When in bloom in the Spring and Summer, they have amazingly bright colored blossoms, or inflorescences, that range from red to hot pink. Check out this great pic from Wikipedia.
Since the Tillandsia caput-medusae are epiphytes, they don’t need to grow in soil – they just hang out anywhere there’s bright light and suck nutrients out of the air. They’re really easy to care for – just soak them in a bowl of clean water for 30 minutes each week and they’ll be happy. You can check out our blog article on how to take care of air plants.